It’s September which can only mean one thing… Summer is over and School is back in session (I can sense your enthusiasm😂)!! So with school being back in session, things can become a bit overwhelming and stressful; especially if you are a full time employee, have children and are trying to keep up with posting frequently.
To make a bit less stressful, I’ve listed a few things that may help you balance work, school and anything else that may become overwhelming during the school year.
- Create a schedule- If you find it useful, draw up a schedule for yourself each Sunday afternoon, one that details everything that you need to accomplish over the course of the following six days. Whether you create this agenda on a piece of paper or on your smartphone, you should note all of the tests, assignment due dates, work hours, and social events that are coming up. Afterwards, stick to your schedule diligently, and always fight the urge to procrastinate.
- Tip: Organizers and planners are a great way to keep up with your daily/weekly and monthly activities. If you cannot get access to a physical planner try your smartphone. There are several applications designed to help you keep your life up to date and in order.
- Prioritize – Decide on your priorities and accept that something, somewhere, will have to give—and not just the housecleaning. Expect to take a pass on the occasional outing or weekend away. With so much on your plate, you can’t do everything.
- Tip: It is important to be able to distinguish what is very important from what is somewhat important. Sometimes your going to have to miss out on a night out with friends to study for a final.
- Take care of yourself- Take regular breaks, get enough sleep, stay physically active, get out into the great outdoors and let yourself enjoy some of what life has to offer.
- Tip: remember over working yourself isn’t always the best thing to do. Staying up all night to study for a test will not grantee you an “A”, Take it easy!!!
Lastly, remember that there is a significant reason to justify why you are working and going to school, so remember that reason and continue to strive. Constantly remind yourself of your goals, dreams and aspirations and strive for them.
As Always, Love & Peace